Tuesday 31 July 2012

Bangkok


During my trip around Asia I could visit Bangkok, the Thailand Capital. I spent five days in this interesting city.

I choose a Hotel near of a skytrain station because I´ve heard that the traffic in Bangkok were bad, I think I did a good choice, because these skytrains are cheap and a fast way to travel around the city. Another good way of transportation is through boats in the rivers and canals that cross the city, besides a good transportation is also a good travel experience.

The buildings in Bangkok have a peculiar architecture, and a special place to see is the Grand Palace, where is the official residence of the royal family of Thailand and some beautiful temples. This was the place that I liked most in Bangkok, where is nice to see the details in the architecture.

In Bangkok you can see two different worlds, a rich one with marvelous buildings and luxurious shopping’s centers, and another world with social problems and poor people selling all kind of stuffs on the streets.

I had a bad experience with a tuk-tuk (little taxi cars), the driver promised to take me to touristic places for a cheap price, but he only took me to clothes stores. I discussed with him and he let me on a neighborhood far away from everything and I had to walk a lot and grab a taxi to go back to the hotel. It made me so angry, but later I was laughing about that. If you go to Thailand, you need to pay attention with these tuk-tuks, sometimes they try to trick you.

Another thing that I didn´t like in Thailand is that anything has price. If you want to buy something you need to negotiate. It´s hard to buy something fast, it takes time, and makes me tired.

Despite everything, I liked to visit this Bangkok, it´s interesting to see their culture and contrasts, they are very different from other countries in Asia, they have their own culture. For the next time I would like to see a Muay Thay boxing fight.


Grand Palace



Tuk Tuk

No comments:

Post a Comment