Thursday 16 August 2012

Rio de Janeiro


With joy I will write about this marvelous city that is Rio de Janeiro! Actually I think that I will need more than one post to describe this city and my recent experiences there.

A few weeks ago I spent six good days in Rio, at Botafogo neighborhood, it isn't the best place in Rio but it is very well located. It's near of the subway station, near of the famous beaches as Ipanema and Copacabana and the mountain called Sugar Loaf (Pao de Acucar in Portuguese).

Lots of people say bad things about Rio as infrastructure problems, traffic jams, violence, poverty, and other bad things. Ok! There are those kinds of things, but it still is a small part of Rio. There are much more good things to say about Rio than bad things, so I would like to focus this post at good things.

For those who like sports Rio is a perfect city; Rio has mountain, forest, city, beach, everything at the same place. It is a perfect city for summer sports, you can swim, run, surf, play soccer, play volley, cycling, fly by hang glider, climb, and do other many things in the same city. And more, you can do everything with a fantastic scenic view. It is no coincidence that Rio will host the Olympic Games in 2016.

The other good thing about Rio is the weather; there is summer almost every year. I was there in July, the middle of winter season, but I could enjoy the city and the beach normally.

The people in Rio are also very kind, usually they receive very well the foreigners, I think they are funny and happy. They speak loud and usually are smiling. Maybe the city has a summer or party feeling. But of course, it's necessary to be careful; Rio is a big city and has all kinds of people.

I have visited many places around the world, but for sure, Rio de Janeiro is a must to see place before you die. I hope I will go back there to enjoy more and visit other places.

Botafogo Beach and Sugar Loaf

Cable Car at Sugar Loaf

Barra da Tijuca Beach
P.S: I took all these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment